Hooray for Increased Women MBAs!

Great news for Women MBAs!

According to this article in Business Week, the efforts being made by schools to "lure" (is it me or is that not the best word choice?) women MBAs are paying off, with increased numbers of female applicants leading to increased enrollment.

BW posts some stats of the top US programs here, and the numbers are very promising!

Topping the list are the following MBA programs:

NYU Stern: 41%

Duke Fuqua and Cornell Johnson: 39%

Harvard and Northwestern Kellogg: 38%

I am hoping that Judge will start doing recruitment programs exclusively for women. I attended one such program for another school during my application process. Not only was the program insightful, but it also made me feel like a valued applicant - which, considering how out of my comfort zone I was (and, in some ways, still am) in pursuing an MBA, was a great boost.

We may still have a long way to go here in Cambridge, but it's encouraging to see other programs breaking the 40% mark!

(And, ahem, notice I am making no mention of the fact that BW was not kind to us in their rankings. We may or may not have been edged out by The Other Place, whom we have throttled in other rankings. I'm just saying.)

Cheers, Jen
Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments

1 Response to "Hooray for Increased Women MBAs!"

Anonymous said... 26 November 2008 at 22:08

Hi there -

Great blog and brill idea! I am from MBA 07 and did my IP on the Women and the MBA. We use to just have afternoon tea!

I blogged through the MBA and still do stillcallozhome.com

Well done and I shall look forward to reading how your year goes....

Robyn


Easter Term Events...

9 June, 6:00-7:00PM
Marie Taylor, Personality Coach and Founder, Living Right Now

About Us

We are the women of the 2008-2009 MBA class at Judge Business School, University of Cambridge. We have descended upon Cambridge from all corners of the globe for one crazy year. Join us as we navigate a twelve-month MBA program with a 4:1 male to female ratio at an 800-year-old university. We are in for quite an adventure!

Questions? Comments? Email us at jbswomen08{at}gmail.com!

Our home for the next year...

Our home for the next year...
Judge Business School, University of Cambridge

Like what you see? Then...

Or subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tweeting through our MBA...