Meet Jen


Hi there!

My name is Jen, and I am the token American not-for-profit ex-archaeologist cancer-advocating blogger gal in the Cambridge MBA program this year. In other words, I am a bit of an oddball candidate - though less so in this program than I would be in others! In fact, I have been thrilled with the diversity of my class. There are 150 of us from 49 different countries and countless professional backgrounds. We are all here for different reasons and we all have different expectations from this program. Will our expectations be met? We (and you!) shall see...

This blog is an initiative of our Women in Leadership special interest group (or "SIG" as we call them). I had initially started an MBA blog of my own, Miz MBA, but soon realized that a) I have way too much work to keep up a regular blog by myself, and b) it will be a lot more interesting and fun to have a group blog!

Since I will be a regular contributor here, I will give you a bit more information about me. I was born outside of Chicago but grew up mainly on the east coast (NJ, PA, NY). My undergraduate major was Archaeology and I spent a couple years in the field (Pompeii, Italy and Oaxaca, Mexico) before deciding I preferred a desk job - or at least not a solitary, sunburned, dirt-encrusted one. Thus began the five years I spent working in various capacities in various not-for-profit organizations in New York City, most recently as a fundraiser. I have clocked thousands of volunteer hours advocating for colon cancer awareness in NYC - and realizing I wanted to work in cancer advocacy but had no way to get there from where I was brought me to Cambridge.

I will write more later on my choice to attend a non-American program, but for now will just say that it is one of the best - if serendipitous - decisions I have ever made.

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and I look forward to seeing what my other JBS ladies have to say!

Cheers,

Jen
Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments

0 Responses to "Meet Jen"


Easter Term Events...

9 June, 6:00-7:00PM
Marie Taylor, Personality Coach and Founder, Living Right Now

About Us

We are the women of the 2008-2009 MBA class at Judge Business School, University of Cambridge. We have descended upon Cambridge from all corners of the globe for one crazy year. Join us as we navigate a twelve-month MBA program with a 4:1 male to female ratio at an 800-year-old university. We are in for quite an adventure!

Questions? Comments? Email us at jbswomen08{at}gmail.com!

Our home for the next year...

Our home for the next year...
Judge Business School, University of Cambridge

Like what you see? Then...

Or subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tweeting through our MBA...